I can’t believe it, but I’ve reached autumn in Berlin. Leaves are turning yellow. Time to rug up a bit, sort out the winter jacket. The word is Berlin winters are freezing. Not so fast, though, for now the sun’s still shining when I chill out at Volkspark am Weinbergsweg. Listening to the multitude of international tongues in the air. And music like this.
Good morning from a misty Berlin street. Thank you New Zealand, you have been beautiful. Relocating to a big city calls for a new mix. Gentle winter sun sweeps the day into being.
Common Goods mixed by Nupacific
01. merrin karras – the veldt
02. max cooper – origins (david august remix)
03. impellizzeri – gelatine (mendo colored remix)
04. lake people – glease 29
05. neil flynn – louise
06. matthew dekay – patience please (fuer die liebe mix)
07. matthew dekay – patience please
08. kaito – behind my life (michael mayer remix)
09. mk & lee foss – electricity (carl craig remix)
10. sailor and I – turn around (ame remix)
11. henrik schwarz – unknown touch two
12. bonobo – cirrus
13. ry x – sweat
14. rufus dipper – life in a day
My idea was to rework and rewire these inspirational tracks in a way that pays credit to the original creators, and also takes the tracks into a different, more reduced, minimal direction.
“It’s more than just good, a brilliant track.” – Matthias Vogt [re:jazz]
“Really like the mood. Well done.” – Arnaldo [Smallville, Greta Cottage Workshop]
Welcome James Martin, a barista throughout the day, and DJ/producer at night. A New Zealander living in Melbourne, with his ears tuned into cosmopolitan time zone of what’s happening in Berlin and elsewhere, James likes it slow and dreamy. He says “the art and science of twisting out espresso and dropping bass lines are not too dissimilar. It comes down to taste.”
Find dj mixes by James Martin on his Soundcloud page.
She is one of New Zealand’s leading lights in all things house music or whatever you call it, and recently moved to Berlin. I was humbled to stitch together a remix for ‘Incantation’ by Philippa.